Your heart matters. Most people think that they won’t be the ones that have an issue with heart disease. The hard thing is that you can feel amazing, yet you could still be at risk. In the U.S. 1 in every 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. Half the people who suffer heart attacks have no symptoms or previous warning signs.
This is serious, but some positive steps help prevent trouble.
The big important one- Get a yearly check-up with a physical and full bloodwork.
Healthy Heart Tips
- Do not smoke. Do not use tobacco products. Avoid second-hand smoke
- Know your family heart history
- Practice dental hygiene. This includes daily flossing.
- Eat healthy and watch your weight. Watch your portion sizes and manage your choices.
- Don’t sit for long periods.
- Have a goal of 30 minutes of exercise five times a week.
- Control your stress level.
Your healthy heart habits are tips. Remember, the big step is to get annual visits with a full workup done. Be sure that you get blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI, and have them listen to your heart!